Monday, August 23, 2010

Fantasia Opens Up For VH1's "Behind The Music"


American Idol winner (and subject of media scrutiny due to her "friendship" with a married Antwaun Cook) Fantasia Barrino's VH1's Behind The Music is scheduled to air this Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET/PT, and in the special Fantasia opens up about what happened that night where she took a bunch of pills causing the media and her fans to believe she wanted to commit suicide.

"I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out. At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with – all of it, all of that [expletive]." 

*side-eye*

She continues: "I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills. I was tired of people doing me wrong, constantly, over and over again, dealing with my family – my father, dealing with men and their [expletive] – I was tired," she says. "My head was hurting me. I was over it."

All for a married man, eh? I guess LIVING for your daughter was out of the question, huh? Sad.....

Her manager Brian Dickens also speaks out about that night: "Her emotions were extremely low," he says. "She'd been crying all day. Fantasia was just numb. Fantasia texted me, saying 'I love you.' I wrote back, 'I love you more.' Then it hit me."  I wrote, 'You better not do anything or think about doing anything stupid.' And I left it at that. About 10 minutes later, Fantasia texted me back, and she said, 'Already did.' I went into Fantasia's room and saw her on the floor, and my heart just dropped."

Ummmm, am I the only one that feels this is super "staged"??? I'm sorry....I ain't buying it! NOPE. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG i already got the Tivo set, this is going to be a hot ghetto mess but i love Tasia lol

    ReplyDelete