Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Watch Out "American Idol"....Here Comes "The Voice"!

 

NBC wants to put a little pressure on FOX's reality hit American Idol by having a similar reality show competition called "The Voice", and yesterday they decided to kick things off with a press conference in Los Angeles, California. 

The show's hosts will be Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Carson Daly and lastly Christina Aguilera, who will be taking on the duties of a singing coach.

About her duties, Christina says: “There is no good and bad. This isn’t about tearing people down. I want to bring these people up. The Voice really does stand for what it says. You can judge people based on the way they look. I love that fact we get to sit here with our backs turned away from these people and completely use just one sense to hear these voices. I’m not looking for vocal acrobatics, who has biggest range high and low. I’m looking forward to getting moved."

Hmmmmmm. I don't know! There have been many shows that have tried to rally American Idol and have failed. I wonder how this will be different?!?!

We'll see.....

Images: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment