Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Actress Michelle Williams Channels Marilyn Monroe For VOGUE Magazine


GORGE!

In preparation for the release of her new movie, "My Week with Marilyn" out in theaters November 4th, actress Michelle Williams (31) channels the iconic Marilyn Monroe for the October 2011 issue of VOGUE magazine.

Excerpts and her full spread under the break.....

 
On not being as guarded once she turned 30: “I feel like something has changed for me, but it’s a new change, so it’s going to be hard for me to describe. Maybe it has something to do with turning 30. I don’t feel as shy or nervous or self-conscious. I have more confidence that I can handle what life brings me. I don’t feel scared to have an idea and express it. I feel giddy about it because it’s a complete transformation. It’s like I’ve found my voice.”
 
 On playing the iconic Marilyn Monroe: "As soon as I finished the script [for My Week with Marilyn], I knew that I wanted to do it, and then I spent six months trying to talk myself out of it. But I always knew that I never really had a choice. I’ve started to believe that you get the piece of material that you were ready for."
 
 On having to gain weight t play Marilyn Monroe: “Unfortunately, it went right to my face (puffs up cheeks to illustrate). So at some point it became a question of, Do I want my face to look like Marilyn Monroe’s or my hips?” (She opted for the former and filled out the latter with foam padding.)
 
 
She looks great!
Images: VOGUE

No comments:

Post a Comment