Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WH Party Crasher Michaele Salahi Has "MS"


In very surprising news, White House Party Crasher and Real Housewives of DC star Michaele Salahi is revealing that she has Multiple Sclerosis, often referred to as "MS".

She reveals why she kept her diagnosis of the potentially crippling nervous system disorder quiet for 17 years by saying, "No one wants to be seen as sickly," she explains. "And I didn't want to be pitied. The only way I can deal with it is to smile and act like I can get through it."

MS hits very close to home for me as well, because my brother was diagnosed with the disorder about 5 years ago. So I can fully understand why she chose to kept it a secret for so long. Many folks don't understand that MS is NOT considered a fatal disease as the vast majority of people with it live a normal life-span. But they may struggle to live as productively as they desire, often facing increasing limitations (ex. being wheelchair bound, etc).

To learn more about the disease, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment