Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Music Video: Janelle Monae Ft. Big Boi “Tightrope”



LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Dancers, PLEASE do me a favor and feast your eyes on the video masterpiece for Janelle Monae's  Tightrope, off her debut album The ArchAndroid, arriving May 18.

I must admit that I didn't pay attention to Janelle Monae before catching a live performance of her's recently, but after that I am starting to become a huge fan.

She is extremely artistic, eccentric, daring and those rare qualities seldom fit in today's music, but Janelle Monae has a point of view for the world to see! I can dig it.....

The video was shot in an actual sanitarium, and was directed by Wendy Morgan. Janelle Monae speaks about the video, and say: “‘Tightrope’ takes place at the Palace of the Dogs. A lot of the greats were admitted into this place, like Charlie Parker and Jimi Hendrix. We wanted to keep it raw and funky; just having it in an insane asylum made it that much cooler to me.”

I really like the video, and of course all the dancing!!! KUDOS....

No comments:

Post a Comment