Friday, April 30, 2010

BET Co-Founder: I'm "Ashamed" Of BET


*clap for her*

Sheila Johnson, co-founder of Black Entertainment Television (BET), is causing a bit of a firestorm about the place she once called "home". Johnson started the company with her then husband, Bob Johnson, about 30 years ago with $15,000 in seed money and a $500,000 investment from media mogul John Malone.

Now, she is speaking out about her her thoughts on the network, since her and Bob relinquished their rights to Viacom (pocketing $1.3 billion for them to share - COT DAMN!):
“Don’t even get me started,” says the 60-year-old Johnson, who has since divorced and remarried (charmingly enough, to the Virginia circuit court judge who presided over her divorce). “I don’t watch it. I suggest to my kids [a twentysomething daughter and a college-age son] that they don’t watch it… I’m ashamed of it, if you want to know the truth.”
BRAVO!!! Unfortunately, lots of Blacks feel the EXACT same way as Johnson about the Network! And I'm quite sure it hurts her even more to see something that you've poured your blood, sweat and tears into, turn into the TRAGEDY that it is now!

I'm not gonna even front, $1.3 BILLION would sound DAMN GOOD to me also, but maybe they could've held onto it???

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment