Wednesday, May 26, 2010

M.I.A Ain't Feeling GaGa Like That, Eh???


One of my loves, M.I.A, seems to not really care for my other love Lady GaGa!

Ladies, play nice in the sandbox, k?


M.I.A sat down with the NY Times where she discussed her most recent and controversial video "Born Free", and her thoughts on GaGa and Madonna!

On GaGa:
“With our video, we were really copying ‘Telephone,’ ” Maya says now, referring to Gaga’s recent video with Beyonce. “Both our videos are road movies. We kill people, and they kill people. They start out in a prison, and we start out in a squat, hunting people down.” Maya zipped her lips again. “I can’t talk about Gaga anymore,” she said. “All I’ll say is, it’s upsetting when babies say ga-ga now. It used to be innocent. Now, they’re calling her name.”

SHOTS FIRED!!! M.I.A. feels that Lady G is not original and that that she mostly borrows from the "Abba" playbook, and she gets annoyed when Gaga is compared to Madonna.

Hmmmmmm, not original? I don't necessarily agree with that!

To read the full interview, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment