Monday, September 20, 2010

Nicki Minaj Covers "Complex" Mag


Lady Minaj is trying to take over the world one "Barb" at a time! Will she succeed?

Young Money's first lady Nicki Minaj graces that Oct/Nov 2010 Complex magazine issue, where she talks about all the things you've heard her talk about before!

Pink wigs, Fake Butt, NOT liking the "special place" on a woman, etc.....just come out with the damn album already so I can critique it (I can admit that was a low blow....I'm sorry)!

Excerpts under the break....

WERK, MA'AM!
 
Is it intimidating to know that, besides The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, there are very few indisputable classic female rap albums?
Nicki: I want to do well, but I don't think I'm intimidated. People's expectations of what I'm capable of doing are very low. People have been used to hearing little one-liners and me play around. 
  
You think people still underestimate you, even with the success you've been having?
Nicki: Absolutely. A lot of people don't know I wrote all the hooks on the album. I arranged the music, did the transitions. [Other female rappers] are told what to do, but I run my entire empire; I don't think people would expect that.
 
"Empire"??? Ummmmm, yeah.....
  
Everyone has this image of you as a cartoon character with outlandish wigs, but at our shoot today you were much more low-key.
Nicki: [Laughs.] Every woman is a character—but people need to see I'm a regular human. It's like you wear a pink wig and you're no longer human all of sudden. You're a thing. Like today [the photographer] was like, "Where is that Nicki Minaj smile?" But this shoot doesn't call for the Nicki Minaj smile. You guys wanted me subdued, so I'm gonna give you a different side. I'm not gonna pull a string and be like, "It's Barbie, bitch!" 

There's a lot of pressure on this girl. Many are waiting to see what she can do with the spotlight. Hope she's built for it.

To read the full interview, CLICK HERE

Images: Complex Magazine
 

1 comment:

  1. no miss Nicki u wont be angled like that giving me normal fly bitch YYYAASSSSS

    ReplyDelete