Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"BBW's" Sister Breaks Her Silence On Shaq!


Right in time before the 2nd season premiere of VH1's Basketball Wives, Laura Govan - sister to Gloria Govan - has finally decided to break her silence to Sister 2 Sister magazine about her alleged affair with Shaunie O'Neal's ex, Shaq.

Laura is fiance to troubled NBA star Gilbert Arenas, and got very candid about their relationship, thoughts on the show BBW, and more . Check out some excerpts below:
Why she declined to be on BBW:
“I didn’t want to do it because I’ve never asked to be in the public eye,” explained Laura. “I’m educated. I want to make sure that my children have a role model in the sense of whatever that means to me. I want them to see that mommy is doing things other than being behind daddy and going to games and being cute.”

Ummmmm, that was a READ!!! "I'm educated" "....being cute"???? hahahahahahaha 
In the December issue of Sister 2 Sister, Laura finally addresses the rumors of her and Shaq’s affair. Not only does she deny that anything happened, she points the finger at Shaunie for running with a rumor that both couples knew to be false. She explains why she never called Shaunie to plead her innocence and sheds light on the true nature of their friendship. Spoiler alert: They weren’t BFFs, contrary to how their relationship was portrayed in the media. 
On meeting/being with Gilbert Arenas:
“I was like, ‘Being an athlete doesn’t impress me.’ I said, ‘If you really want to go out with me, you’ll work for my family.’” Her dad owned a jazz club and she promised him a date if he worked there. “That weekend this boy was taking tickets at the door. People were like, ‘Aren’t you Gilbert Arenas?’” Laura was shocked to see him there. “And then he wouldn’t leave! He was filling salt and pepper shakers and pouring water.”
“I was in a master’s/PHD program, so as I was finishing my master’s, he would come and sit in the parking lot and wait for me for three hours. I thought, okay, you know what? He’s serious.” 


He was bitten by the love bug, eh?

This is getting me REALLY excited about the upcoming season of BBW! I hear it will be drama filled.....YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment