Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cher Gets VERY Candid With Vanity Fair Magazine!!!


Cher is a LEGEND (if you guys didn't already know). And one of the perks of being a legend in the entertainment industry is that you can DO and SAY what you want. So in the new issue of Vanity Fair magazine, Cher gets candid and speaks her mind about everything from her daughter/son Chaz Bono to her thoughts on Sarah Palin. Check out some excerpts:
Cher on Sarah Palin
“I got so obsessed with [C-SPAN] that it was kind of interfering with my life. Sarah Palin came on, and I thought, Oh, fuck, this is the end. Because a dumb woman is a dumb woman.” On the subject of Arizona governor Jan Brewer, Cher says, “She was worse than Sarah Palin, if that is possible. This woman was like a deer in headlights. She’s got a handle on the services of the state, and I would not let her handle the remote control.”
YAAAAASSSSS! Love it.....
Cher on paying taxes
“I would be willing to pay a lot more taxes, because I make a lot more money, but I don’t want to give them more to just fuck things up more. It really should fall on people like me to get together and do things to help the people in this country. If you’re not worrying about how to put food on your table, you [should be] worrying about why other people don’t have food on their table. I remember a great America where we made everything. There was a time when the only thing you got from Japan was a really bad cheap transistor radio that some aunt gave you for Christmas.”
Cher on daughter/son Chaz
“If I woke up tomorrow in a guy’s body, I would just kick and scream and cry and fucking rob a bank, because I cannot see myself as anything but who I am—a girl. I would not take it as well as Chaz has. I couldn’t imagine it.” While Cher remains a proud mother, she admits to Smith that she still gets confused: “She’s a very smart girl—boy! This is where I get into trouble. My pronouns are fucked. I still don’t remember to call her ‘him.’”
Cher on aging
“I think Meryl [Streep] is doing it great. The stupid bitch is doing it better than all of us! But I don’t like it. It’s getting in my way. I have a job to do, and it’s making my job harder.”
“I’ve been screaming at the top of my lungs at my family, ‘Work out! Work out! Old age is coming!’ At some point you will need the strength. Who would have ever thought you would get this old?”
Ha! Don't you just love her?!?!?!?

Image: Vanity Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment