Wednesday, November 3, 2010

George Bush: Kanye Moment Was Worst Of My Presidency



Ummmmmm, REALLY??? Not the war, huge deficit you put our country in, DADT appeal.....I can go on and on for years, Bush!

In a new interview with Matt Lauer (Matt Lauer Reports), former President George W. Bush revealed his true feelings about Kanye West's famous line about the him: "George Bush doesn't care about Black People."

Bush: “It was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency…he called me a racist, and I didn’t appreciate it then, I don’t appreciate it now. It’s one thing to say, ‘I don’t appreciate the way he’s handled his business.’ It’s another thing to say, ‘This man’s a racist.’ I resent it, it’s not true.”

Lauer: “You say you told Laura at the time it was the worst moment of your Presidency?”

Bush: “Yes. My record was strong I felt when it came to race relations and giving people a chance. And it was a disgusting moment.”

Lauer: “Well, here’s the reason. You’re not saying that the worst moment in you’re Presidency was watching the misery in Louisiana. You’re saying it was when someone insulted you because of that.”

Bush: “No, and I also make it clear that the misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well. There’s a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple.”

I said it back then, and I will say it today.....I do NOT agree with what Kanye West said about the former President. But, I could totally understand the frustration of Kanye and many blacks about Bush during that time. I just find it highly puzzling that that moment still strikes a nerve with him.

The MONSTER of Kanye, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment