Monday, January 31, 2011

RHOA's Kandi Buruss Speaks On This Season Of "Housewives"


Singer/Song-Writer/Producer Kandi Burruss speaks with Essence magazine about this season of the popular hit show, Real Housewives of Atlanta!

In the interview, the former Xscape singer speaks on the NeNe/Kim debacle, Cynthia and Peter's wedding, and whether or not she'll return to the show.

Peep the interview under the break....


ESSENCE.com: Wow, these past three episodes have caught everybody off-guard. What goes through your mind watching them?
Kandi: I wish they could show the whole thing because that argument between NeNe and Kim was so much longer than what they showed...We were coming from Orlando to Miami , and however many hours that is, they literally argued that whole time. When I say arguing I mean screaming at the top of their lungs and calling each other names. I have no idea why those two can't get along.
ESSENCE.com: What are your thoughts on Cynthia and Peter's wedding?
Kandi: Honestly, I think Cynthia and Peter were in the same position I was in with AJ last year. I was watching her like, 'Wow, they don't understand yet that putting all your business out there means people are going to start nitpicking your relationship.' That makes it hard to have a relationship when everybody's nitpicking the wrong things. At the same time I appreciated their honesty, because I feel like a lot of people aren't honest when they do reality television.

A married couple once told me the things you need in a relationship to make it work are: great communication, great sex and financial stability. I don't feel like you have to be rich to get married, but you need to at least be stable. Cynthia and Peter were going through a real unstable point. What y'all didn't see is that she had been crying like that for weeks. She came to the Sip and See crying. My whole thing was they had already been living together so what's the rush to get married if the money isn't right?
ESSENCE.com: What have been your favorite moments of the season overall?
Kandi: My favorite moments are when I watch Phaedra. Some of the things she says are just hilarious. I think the whole season has been filled with funny moments up until the last two episodes, but the rest of the season was pretty good.
ESSENCE.com: The last time we spoke to NeNe she said she may not be returning to the show. How do you feel about that?
Kandi: I heard she said that. I don't know because sometimes I feel like that. Sometimes I just don't know if it's really worth it for me. I wanted to do another album and the show was good for that, but as far as me being a songwriter and working on other projects, I don't really think the show makes or breaks whether or not I'm gonna be working for other people.

Honestly, I know people say, bad press is good press, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I've been contemplating things myself. Don't get me wrong, I love the show and it is good business-wise. Say for instance, Lawrence is getting a platform that I wouldn't have been able to have to showcase him like that. But, sometimes you think is all this drama worth it?
Last night's season finale was many things....sad, embarrassing, dram-filled, etc. As a viewer watching, I have to admit I felt extremely bad for Cynthia! How embarrassing is it to go through all of your financial woes surrounding your wedding on NATIONAL TV!? The one bright spot of the wedding was that Cynthia looked PHUCKIN INCREDIBLE.....My Heavens!!!! GORGE....

As for Kim and NeNe's drama, those two are just pathetic! Especially NeNe. It's so apparent that her life is soooooo miserable that she wants everyone around her to be the same. SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment