Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Billy Ray Cyrus On Daughter Miley: "I Should Have Been A Better Parent"


Yep! This is gonna raise some eyebrows.....

In an interview with GQ magazine, Miley Cyrus' father Billy Ray Cyrus gets very candid about his extremely famous daughter, divorce from his wife Tish and more!
On wishing he had been more of a parent and less of a friend:
“How many interviews did I give and say, ‘You know what’s important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids’? I said it a lot. And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, ‘You don’t need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.’ Well, I’m the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent. I should have said, ‘Enough is enough—it’s getting dangerous and somebody’s going to get hurt.’ I should have, but I didn’t. Honestly, I didn’t know the ball was out of bounds until it was way up in the stands somewhere.”

On hiding his true feelings while he shot Hannah Montana:
“Season four, it was a disaster. I was going to work every single day knowing that my family had fallen apart, but yet I had to sit in front of that camera. I look back and I go, How did I ever make it through that? I must be a better actor than I thought.”

On not attending Miley’s 18th birthday party:
You know why I didn’t go? Because they were having it in a bar. It was wrong. It was for 21 years old and up.”
Good for you, Billy Ray!!! Hard watching your child make wrong decisions (especially in Hollywood), but he better strap on his boots! There's much more to come....


To read the full article, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment