Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Paris Hilton Interviews Lil Wayne For "Interview" Mag!


What a random duo...I guess.

Lil Wayne is featured on the April 2011 issue of Interview magazine where he was interviewed by none other than Paris Hilton.

Peep excerpts from the interview under the break.....


HILTON: So what do you like to be called, Wayne or Lil Wayne?
WAYNE: Actually, Wayne is better.

HILTON: And now you're being called the new king of hip-hop. What do you think of that? Is it something that's hard to live up to? Or is it exciting to have people say that?
WAYNE: It's very exciting. I love pressure, so I guess if that brings forth pressure, then I'm up for it. But, you know, titles are titles, and names are names. As long as people remember me forever, that will be enough for me.

HILTON: Do you ever read your own press, or google yourself?
WAYNE: Um, never. I don't think I've ever googled myself. [laughs] But I do read some things that . . . I mean, if I know that I was with an interviewer and I kind of figure that he or she got something bad or something good from the interview, then I'll read the piece when it comes out. But other than that, I'd have to have a reason to read it-and, usually, I don't have a reason. So, no, I don't really read too much, because I know you know that they word things the way they want to word them when they put it on paper.

HILTON: What else do you like to do for fun?
WAYNE: My main thing is to chill with my kids. My daughter loves to work, as well-she loves to record and stuff-so I like to work with her.
HILTON: How old is she?
WAYNE: My oldest daughter is 12.
HILTON: Oh, fun! How many kids do you have?
WAYNE: Four beautiful kids. Three boys and one beautiful angel.
EHRLICH: Do they live in Miami with you?
WAYNE: Nah. They live with their moms, but they're always with me.

HILTON: I know that you helped discover Drake, and now he has become one of hip-hop's biggest names. What potential did you see in him and what have you been able to impart to him from your own experiences?
WAYNE: When I first heard Drake, I already knew that he had potential beyond my imagination, because the kid was singing and rapping-and he was rapping real well. So that's kind of an odd mixture-like, you don't get somebody very often who is real good at this and real good at that. So that's when I already knew that he was gonna blow up, right there. He would've done it-with me or not-I just wanted to make sure it was with me. And the main thing I've told him, or taught him, for lack of better words, is just to stay humble and remember who you are throughout it all, because there's gonna be moments in every single day when you'll have to go back to that person and reflect on that person. You have to self-reflect. If you forget who you actually are, then what's the use of even looking in the mirror.

EHRLICH: Who do you like to listen to?
WAYNE: Honestly, I don't listen to nobody else's music but my own. It's kind of like sports to me. You don't see Kobe Bryant at a LeBron James game-he just works on his own game. And that's what I do. I only listen to me, so I can criticize and analyze and all those things.

EHRLICH: I was reading that during your last month in prison, they put you in solitary confinement for having an iPod or something like that. I've heard that being in solitary is the most torturous thing in the world. What was that like for you?
WAYNE: For me it was okay, because it just meant that I was alone with my thoughts. There were times when it was pretty tough to be by yourself, and to have no television, no sort of nothing. That was kind of tough. But I didn't have to be in there long. It was just a month. I was okay. I did fine.
EHRLICH: So literally a month without talking to any human beings except the guards. You're totally isolated?
WAYNE: Nah. There were guys next to me and things like that. You could speak through the walls and stuff. It wasn't totally silent like you would think it is.
EHRLICH: Can you still work out when you're in solitary? Do you get time in the yard?
WAYNE: Yeah, yeah. I got an hour in the yard every day, so I was able to do all those things.
HILTON: I had to do 24 nights in solitary. [Hilton was held in a separate cell as a safety precaution.]
WAYNE: Oh, so you know how it is.
HILTON: Yeah, I know how it is.
EHRLICH: Wayne, did anybody try to fight with you at all in prison? Or did everyone just kind of respect you?
WAYNE: You know, we are men and we argue about things. That's the aggression in us. So, yeah, I got into arguments. But there wasn't ever anything too bad.
HILTON: How happy are you to have your freedom now?
WAYNE: Words cannot explain.
HILTON: Yeah, I know how you feel. [laughs] It's the best feeling in the world when you come out.
EHRLICH: Does it make you feel almost like you appreciate every little thing in a different way now-like you have a new lease on life?
WAYNE: Exactly. You're definitely more in tune to what you're doing. You're definitely more humble. I think that most people who come out of that situation just want to make the most of life afterwards. Honestly it was just one big humbling experience.

Bonding over prison? Oh ain't that cute.....

EHRLICH: Do either of you have any goals that you'd like to accomplish in the near future? What would you like to have done by the end of this year?
WAYNE: Ladies first.
HILTON: Me? I'd really love to finish my album, because I've been working on it for so long, but I've had so many other projects that it's hard to focus on one thing. I'd also love to just continue doing my businesses, and be more confrontational with people, because I let a lot of people get away with stuff because I don't say anything. So, personally, I wish that I would be stronger with people.
EHRLICH: Wayne, what about you?
WAYNE: I want to bank a cool $50 million at least. At the end of this year, I want to be able to say that I banked $50 million. Not generated $50 million, but actually banked $50 million.
EHRLICH: After taxes you mean?
WAYNE: [laughs] Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment