Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rachel Zoe And Her Baby Bump Cover "The Hollywood Reporter"


Still CHIC as ever all while being 9 months pregnant!

One of the biggest fashion stylists in the world, Rachel Zoe, has everything going for her: astonishing career, "happy" marriage, access to the hottest events and fashion shows, long list of celebrity clients, and NOW (the most important of them all) a new baby boy that is due any day now!

Oh and to add to all of the great happenings in her life, Rachel effortlessly graces the cover of The Hollywood Reporter's Style Issue.

See excerpts and more flix under the break.....
 
On her creativity:
“When you’re a creative person, whether you design clothing or homes, your brain is constantly moving. What is beautiful? What gets you going? I have a 99 percent accuracy rate on my gut. I wish I could be that good with people. But projects, I’m pretty right-on about.”

Does Rachel feel powerful?
“Oprah is power — she is everything. Martha, she can make a house out of a piece of paper. I have incredible respect for women like that because it’s not easy. People fight you every step of the way — they pull you down as soon as you get up. And the reality is, it’s harder for women. It’s like if a girl has fooled around with a lot of guys, she’s a slut. But if guys do it, they’re cool.”

On diving into "designing":
“I’ve never been driven by money; I’m driven by the path. And fear. The scariest thing I’ve ever done in my life was start a collection. Being a designer was one of those things where I was, like, ‘Never, never, never!’ Leave it to my heroes. Then I started to itch for it. People would say to me, ‘You’re consulting with designers, giving people your creative, designing gowns … why not?’ ”
 
How she got her start:
“I worked 20-something hours a day, seven days a week. I was completely obsessed with fashion and spent all my money flying to Paris to go to couture because that was the dream. I crashed shows, stood in line for Marc Jacobs. Designers were my heroes and my celebrities. It hasn’t really worn off.”
 
On being scared of the spotlight:
“A stylist is a behind-the-scenes job. I’m never a star when I’m with a star — ever. Back then, I was very insecure about that. Even now, if you watch me on a red carpet, I’m physically uncomfortable. I can’t strike a good pose to save my life. Fortunately and unfortunately, it’s a part of brand-building. It’s just part of my job.”

On bringing style and fashion back to LA:
When Zoe moved to Los Angeles in 2002, she did so with a clear purpose: “to merge the worlds of Hollywood and fashion. … Because I felt that there was this huge disconnect,” she says. “I didn’t understand why the most glamorous place in the world wasn’t using the most glamorous clothes.” She stops short of calling the L.A. fashion scene a joke but describes it as “very different. Ten years ago, you couldn’t find a fashion photographer or couture anywhere around here,” she says. “Coming out, I was fascinated by the red carpet and Old Hollywood in particular, so I was like, ‘You’ve gotta mix things up. You need to give some edge, some glamour, take some chances.’ ”

On being pregnant:
“I can say in all honesty that being pregnant, working with the kind of people I work with and being this businesswoman has been a really wonderful, drama-free time in my life.”

Images: THR



No comments:

Post a Comment