Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Adele On The Cover Of "OUT" Magazine: "I'm Insecure"


First and foremost, that mug is BEYOND!!! Divine....

International pop star, Adele, effortlessly graces the June 2011 issue of OUT (one of the leading gay fashion and lifestyle magazines) where she talks about her insecurities, relationships that have inspired her current and previous albums, fame and MORE. 

It's no secret that Adele has won the hearts and ears of MILLIONS of fans who resonate with her lyrics and sound. The messages relayed in her music are often rooted in pain, fear and a lack of a healthy relationship.

This interview digs deeper. Check it out:
“I’ve met people I admire, and people I don’t admire who are completely affected by their success, and I fucking hate them,” she says. “There’s so many people who believe their own hype and treat people like shit, and if I was ever like that I would absolutely stop doing what I’m doing for a while and go and find myself again. I find it grotesque when people change because of it, but maybe it’s because they’re not as good at keeping in contact with the people who love them for a reason.”
More quotables under the break.....


Beautiful! 
“I don’t know if it’s because I’m an only child, but I was never, ever good at saying how I felt about things,” she says. “From the age of about 5, if I was told off for not sharing, or I didn’t tidy my room, or I spoke back to my mom, I’d always write a note as my apology.”
 “I don’t think I’ll ever forgive myself for not making my relationship with my ex on 21 work, because he’s the love of my life,” she says, before adding that she would have been willing to give up everything for him. Everything? “Well, I would still be singing in the shower, of course, but yeah -- my career, my friendships, my hobbies. I would have given up trying to be the best.” Instead of giving up her career she has cemented it. “He made me really weak, but at the same time really fucking fearless, so I managed to channel that. I don’t know if I’ll ever beat this album in terms of how people connect to it.”
WOW!!! Powerful statement. Un-PC? Perhaps, I respect her honesty!

 
“I get a lot of mail from people who tell me that I make them really happy to be themselves, and really comfortable with who they are, which I love,” she says. “I would hate it if someone was, like, ‘I wish I was you’ because I’m as insecure about myself as the next person.” In what way? “Just that I’m not good enough -- in my music, in my relationships, and that I’m never going to be brave enough to tell someone how I feel.”
Images: OUT magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment