Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adam Levine To OUT Magazine: You're Born Gay!


The VERY handsome Maroon 5 frontman and The Voice coach Adam Levine (32) gave an interesting and compelling interview to OUT magazine where he speaks on his brother being BORN GAY, and his overall support of the gay community.
On his brother being gay: 
“I can single-handedly dispel any ideas that sexuality is acquired. Trust me, you’re born with it. My brother is gay, and we knew when he was two. We all really wanted to provide some cushion for him and constantly let him know that it’s OK.”
I LOVE THIS! As it should be. I think I fell in love with Adam a little more!

More flix and excerpts under the break...


On parents who want to change their kids being gay:
“A lot of people don’t want their kid to be gay and will fight it all costs, but I’ve got news for you - it’s a losing f—ing battle. You’ve got to embrace it from the beginning. That’s the only way to deal with it as a family. Otherwise you’re just screwing yourself over, and you’re going to make your kid miserable.”
PREACH ADAM! I say this exact same statement constantly. There is NO CHANGING who your child is attracted to or falls in love with. And that goes for heterosexual kids too.
On TV reality competitions discouraging contestants on being "OUT":
“What’s always pissed me off about Idol is wanting to mask that, for that to go unspoken…C’mon. You can’t be publicly gay? At this point? On a singing competition? Give me a break. You can’t hide basic components of these people’s lives. The fact that The Voice didn’t have any qualms about being completely about it is a great thing.”
Have I said how much I love this guy Oh ok. Just checking....

Images: OUT magazine

1 comment:

  1. YYYES SIr this white boy right here HONEY, is partly the main reason i watched the Voice..damn who is he dating i would like to chat with her to get the tea cause uummmm

    i love slim and rough around the edges

    ReplyDelete