Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Laury Hill Reflects On "The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill" (VIDEO)



There are very few people in my life that intimidate me, other than Oprah, I'm thinking Lauryn Hill makes the list. Ya know when you hear, see or are around a person and you think to yourself: DAMN! He/She is wise beyond their years. That's Lauryn Hill for me! And we're not going to go into how incredibly talented she is. That's a whole 'nother Post!

In the above footage, Singer/MC Lady Hill sat down for a rare (yall know she doesn't do too many of these) interview where she reflects on her classic album, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, that brought about many awards and accolades for her, and ultimately led to her brief break from the music industry.
“I acted as sort of a bridge between an older generation and younger generation and how to put those styles together. I think Miseducation was really what that was all about, being a bridge between generations that could very well have drifted off in separate directions. I made a piece of music from a sincere place. I think that sincerity has no choice but to resonate with people.”
*bows*

Spotted

No comments:

Post a Comment