Friday, August 26, 2011

Serena And Venus Williams Are White Hot On "Hamptons" Magazine Cover!


I love this cover! They look great, yes? YES!

Two of the world's most famous tennis players, Venus and Serena Williams, effortlessly grace the latest issue of Hamptons Magazine, where the tennis champion duo interview each other!

Flix + excerpts under the break....

VENUS WILLIAMS: Tell me about your summer—your wonderful comeback at Wimbledon, and how you feel leading up to the Open.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I’ve been working out a lot since the summer and was really disappointed at Wimbledon, even though I shouldn’t have been. I felt like I should be really happy, but I am never really happy unless I’m on the top. Ever since then, I dedicated myself to working out, practicing more and just trying to do the right things on the court. I had to get serious about my fitness because I have taken so much time off, I almost forgot how to play.
What is your outfit going to look like at the US Open? I know you have been wearing a lot of lace, like you did at Paris last year and at Wimbledon this year. It has influenced my Home Shopping Network collection; we had a tremendous amount of lace. So what is the next trend?
VW: The US Open this year is all about the little black dress, and I always put zippers in my dresses, so there will be a zipper down the back. Because I don’t ever wear black in the daytime, it will be opposing colors. Last year there were three different styles; this year it will be simple because it is just one, but in different colors.
SW: Are you ever going to redo the Wimbledon outfit? That one was probably my favorite.
VW: That’s interesting, because I think people either loved that one or they hated it. I loved the idea, but when it actually got made, I really didn’t want to wear it. I didn’t even like it until you said you loved it, and then I felt confident to wear it.
SW: Will Harold, your dog, be coming to the Open?
VW: [Laughs] I’m glad you said Harold, my dog.
SW: Also known as Jerry, my dog.
VW: Harold always comes to the Open, but he doesn’t know it’s a tennis tournament. He’s just there for the nap. Tell me some of your first memories at the Open.
For more of the interview, CLICK HERE!

Venus and Serena Williams pose for photos at Hamptons magazine cover launch party in New York City....WERK, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I love the hell out of the Williams Sisters.....they are so gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete