Monday, August 8, 2011

Zoe Saldana Covers "Latina"Magazine


Star of the upcoming movie, Colombiana (I'm really interested in this movie! Reminds me of Salt), Zoe Saldana graces the September issue of "Latina" Magazine!
On the key to her 12-year relationship with actor Keith Britton: “I think the only reason we’ve made it this long is because we don’t listen to anybody but ourselves. We’ve still managed to sustain a relationship in a world where half of the people we know are divorcing or going through problems. It’s like that song we both love by Frank Sinatra – we did it our way!” 

On life Post-Avatar: “I just want the best filmmakers in the world to tell me, ‘You’re good, kid, you’re legit.’ The recognition will never get old, and I’ll never get accustomed to it. I don’t ever want to, because that will mean I’m taking it for granted. That’s why I work, not for the luxuries or the awards.” 

On what makes her happy: “I just stay at home and do absolutely nothing. When I was younger, that would have made me feel like such a failure. Now that I’m older, I know what it means to shut down. I don’t shower if I don’t want to. I don’t answer e-mails. It’s a healthy way of being selfish. You know you’re old when gardening, the Food Network and voice notes from your nieces and nephews blow your mind.” 

On dealing with fame: The year after Avatar was just emotionally overwhelming. I was traveling all over the world, waking up in different time zones. Your body gets exhausted, and by the end of the year I just collapsed.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment