Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mary J Blige For "Paper Magazine"


All Hail The Queen!!! *bows*

In this Paper Magazine feature, Mary J. Blige speaks on her role as Nina Simone in an upcoming biopic:
"Nina was different from me in a lot of ways. She was courageous and confident. I'm just growing into that," Blige explains. "But she was like that ever since she was a little girl -- she was never afraid during a period when there was so much racism. She was always bold. I have a lot to draw from -- all the trials and tribulations and battles. But my God, I hope I can do the work and pull it off."
More under the break....



And at the end of the day, Mary is still that same girl from Yonkers...only with more money:
"Everybody is saying to me, 'You have to be like this person, you have to be like that; you've got to be younger.' I know that doesn't work for me. I just want my fans to be happy about the direction I'm going in. I'm never going to stop doing me."
Love her!

Source
Images: Paper Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment