Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Adele Cancels Whole US Tour Due To Vocal Cord Issues


Oh. This is a blower!
Adele has canceled her upcoming U.S. tour due to a hemorrhage in her vocal chord, the singer and her label announced Tuesday. Set to kick off Oct. 7 in Atlantic City and positioned to cover much of the South and Texas over ten dates, the tour was sold out. In a statement, Columbia Records said Adele's doctors advised her to rest her voice for an "extended rest period."

On her website, Adele was a bit more blunt. "My voice is weak and i need to build it back up," she said. "I'm gonna be starting up vocal rehab as soon as, and start building my over all stamina in my voice, body and mind."

Riding high following a transcendent performance at the MTV VMAs and enjoying another Hot 100 hit with "Someone Like You" (currently at No. 2), Adele promises to "smash the ball out of the park" once she's back on the road. Her full statement:

"singing is literally my life, its my hobbie, my love, my freedom and now my job. I have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or i risk damaging my voice  forever. i have great confidence in believing you know how much this upsets me, how seriously i take it and how truly devastated and annoyed i am by this. wanting to do something so bad and not being able to is the most frustrating thing as im sure you know! my voice is weak and i need to build it back up. I'm  gonna be starting up vocal rehab as soon as, and start building my over all stamina in my voice, body and mind. i will be back and im gonna smash the ball out the park once im touring again. i apologise from the bottom of my heart, sincerely i do. i know its not only disappointing because of the show, but its plane tickets, hotel bookings, birthdays, anniversaries and time wasted. but please have faith in me that this is the only thing i can do to make sure i can always sing and always make music for you to the best of my ability. truly yours and yours only forever, adele xx"
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment