Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rapper Royce da 5’9″ Talks About His "Hi Rihanna" Line That Has Shot Him Into Fame!

           

As we reported yesterday, the Eminem/Shady 2.0 (Slaughterhouse) freestyle cypher during the BET Hip Hop Awards was one of the best I've heard in a very long time! And besides Eminem's verse, one of the standouts was Detroit rapper Royce da 5’9″ with his "Hi Rihanna" line that became an INSTANT trending topic on Twitter (and continues to be one).

Everybody and their momma have been using the line to expose their crushes. And if that didn't surprise the once under the radar rapper, now Rihanna replied to him on Twitter by saying “Hi @Royceda59.”

I'm sure that made his day!

The Slaughterhouse member gave an interview to BET's 106th and Park yesterday to speak about the freestyle that has catapulted him into fame:
“I seen her [Rihanna] overseas. Me and Em were performing at the V Festival and she was coming out to perform with us. She seen me and she came up to me,” he told hosts Terrence and Rocsi.

“I’m just a Detroit guy, everybody’s treating me like I’m famous, but I still feel regular. She came up to me and told me that she liked one of my songs, so I just felt like, you tell me that again, we go together—has to happen. I just express myself through my music. I just thought it was a line I was going to say, I didn’t know she was going to hear it.”

He couldn’t have anticipated what would transpire. “I didn’t know it was going to become this, trending for 20 hours,” said Royce.
NIIIICE!

Sidebar - "We go together"?!?!?!? LMAO!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment