Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today's Phrase That Pays Goes To...


....Solange Knowles on her style inspiration. 
Diana Ross is the quite obvious one. If you look at pictures of her in the ’60s, ’70s, through the ’80s, she embodied everything about that era in such a timeless way. Her hair is a whole other conversation! And seeing photos of my mother from the ’60s and ’70s, she was a total rebel with her style. She had extremely fine hair and washed it with detergent to coarsen it up and had this amazing Afro.
Detergent? First I've ever heard of that!

Solange is DEFINITELY one of the best dressed people in the business (my personal opinion). Her usage of bold patterns/prints coupled with that SICKENIN' 'fro makes me melt! I look forward to seeing her looks when she hits the red carpet!

And just think. This is the same girl with the red-colored braids back in the day! My My My, have we grown!


1 comment:

  1. You already know. The day this one here comes out with a fashion line, I plan to be the FIRST in line.

    "Can I get that shimmey piece in a size 10 please?"

    ReplyDelete