Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Race Relations, Her Children Growing Up With A Black President And More With "The Tanning Effect"




First and foremost....I LOVE ME SOME GWENNIE! Smart...FLY...Talented...Trailblazer...ANYTHING ELSE? And when you're friends with Jay and Bey? I MEAN!

Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow sat down with business/music executive Steve Stoute in HuffPost Black Voices latest episode of "The Tanning Effect," in which she speaks on a range of topics: growing in Santa Monica where there was limited images of black people, Rihanna, a black woman, gracing the cover of VOGUE, growing up in a world where we now have a black President, black hair and MORE!
"I don't want to bemoan the fact that it should've happened 50 years ago, because it's here now. And it's like the way I see it is that I have two little kids who are understanding the world in a time when Rihanna is on the cover of Vogue, and we have a black president. So their eyes are being as if they're experiencing the world for the first time. All of this stuff is just root -- it's normal stuff for them. And that to me is what's so incredible. When my daughter understood what a president was, it was a black man. It's not like me, where I grew up with all of these old white guys one after another ... Their perspective on race and everything is completely open and completely different to how it was when I was a kid."
WONDERFUL! Interesting interview...check it out above.

No comments:

Post a Comment