Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rihanna: Chris Brown Assault Was "A Wake Up Call"


In the new issue of Marie Claire UK magazine, pop star Rihanna speaks candidly about the much publicized assault that ex-boyfriend Chris Brown laid upon her:
"God has a crazy way of working, and sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, 'What did I do to deserve this?' Why was it backfiring on me?'" she recalls. "But I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that's what God was giving to me."
She speaks about weathering the storm:
"All this terrible stuff they say to you, it breaks you down," she says. "[But] once you're back on your feet -- if you ever make it back on your feet -- that's the ultimate achievement."
Ain't that the truth!

Even though it was difficult for her to leave Brown, she knew it was something she had to do:
"I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it. It was a different day. I felt different. I didn't feel lonely," she recalls. "I felt like I wanted to get up and be in the world. That was a great, great feeling."
She continues:
"I feel like I smile for real this time. The smiles come from inside, and it exudes in everything I do," she says. "People feel my energy is different. When I smile they can tell that it's purse bliss and not just a cover up."
Hmmmm, that wouldn't have anything to do with that FINE man of yours Matt Kemp, eh? 

It seems that BOTH Rihanna and Chris are trying to move on and put that horrific night behind them. It's good to hear the Rihanna is in a happy place now. GOOD FOR HER!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment