Monday, February 14, 2011

Ciara Addresses Whether Or Not She Was Dropped By Her Music Label


Via Ciara's Facebook page:
To my fans:

This week the net has been a buzz of the rumor that I have been dropped from my label. At this point that rumor is false.. It is true that I have asked and I pray that my label will release me. I have had some great times and success with my label, but sometimes like all great things, its at that point where I feel we don't share the same views on who I am as a artist. The past two albums have been very frustrating for me. At times there were songs I chose to lead a project and I was ignored! This project, I even tried to get Gimmie Dat started I spent tens of thousands of my own money only to hear the radio pds tell me my label didn't want the song played. I even spent more than one hundred thousand dollars out of my pocket on the video to bring my vision to it and still no label support. I do understand that some labels are not financially supporting their artists and I have become one of them. You, my fans, know that I strive to do my best to deliver to my you the best songs and creative vision I possibly can. I'm dedicated to my music, performance and to my fans! I've tried to be a team player with the label only to have  compromised what I truly believed.. And was not given the right opportunity to promote and inform my fans of the release of this album..I have so much of me as a artist I still want to give to the world and my fans. A release would allow me to go be creative with people who care and understand me as a artist. In a short time, I will be able to bring to you a new music energy and a visual excitement! Thank you so much for standing by me through the good, bad, and the confusion. I love you all.

Love Ciara
Ciara is a HUGE talent that as of late, hasn't gotten her just due IMO! I've seen her TRASHED on the internet by people who don't respect her craft and also by fair-weather fans a like.

I often joke a lot on this blog and give celebs a hard time, but at the end of the day, it's really hard being an artist today. Many people love to see the rise and fall of a celeb and actually wallow in it, when they do fall. Whether you are a celeb or not, people should just continue to do what they love or what makes them happy. If folks support you...GREAT! If not, "it costs you  nuthin'....pay me no mind".

I wish her the best!

3 comments:

  1. THE ONLY PERSON THAT CARES ABOUT CIARA IS HER MOTHER, I TOLD THAT NO TALENT HAVING BITCH TO GET PREGO A LONG TIME AGO WHILE NIGGAS WAS INTERESTED. NOW LOOK AT HER SHE GOT TO PUT OUT VIDEOS LIKE RIDE IT TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED AGAIN "hoe have a seat"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @locsofcolor - POW POW POW!!!! *shots fired*

    ReplyDelete