Monday, June 20, 2011

E Street Band Member Clarence Clemons Passes Away + Bruce Springsteen Offers Words


WOW! And he was doing so well.

E Street Band member Clarence Clemons, who suffered a stroke last week, lost his battle after suffering from complications from it on Saturday. 

Longtime pal and band mate Bruce Springsteen offered the following words on his Web site. 
"Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music," says Springsteen. "His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band."
So sad!

Clarence was lastly featured in Lady GaGa's video "The Edge of Glory". 

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment