Thursday, July 28, 2011

Salaam Remi Pays Homage To Amy Winehouse With VIBE Magazine


While the world still comes to grips with the tragic and untimely death of soul singer Amy Winehouse, there are those that are closest with her that want to honor her memory and legacy by recounting how brilliant she was as a singer and person.

Legendary producer Salaam Remi sat down with VIBE magazine for the 2nd cover of their JUICE issue (Kelly Rowland is featured on the other cover) to relive the good times with mega star.

Peep a passage from the interview under the break....


I’m in London now. I’m out here because [Amy and I] were supposed to go to a wedding today. And before I could get to her yesterday she passed. We were going to the wedding of Nick Symansky, who is the person who really found her. He found her when he was a scout at 19. And he was the manager before they got the Universal deal.
 
They went ahead with the wedding. All I could do was sit there and imagine how many jokes she would have been cracking with me. We were in the middle of working on the album. She finished writing the record. We just hadn’t recorded.

For the last couple of weeks we were video chatting regularly. I was just talking to Nas. Both her and Nas were born on September 14, so we were going to Barbados with all of them for her birthday. She really doesn’t look forward to her birthday, you know what I’m saying?
For more with Salaam Remi's exclusive with VIBE, make sure you pick up the issue when it hits newsstands on Aug. 16th.

RIP Amy!


No comments:

Post a Comment