Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Katherine Schwarzenegger Opens Up About Her Parent's Split


Eldest child to Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Katherine Schwarzenegger sat down with Harper's Bazaar magazine to discuss her parent's highly publicized split and possibly changing her famous last name:
"I thought of changing it because, especially for dating, it's impossible. It's something I deal with every day, and I am hyperconscious about it. It's like, 'Do you want to date my father, or do you want to date me? Like, I can arrange that for you."
She also speaks about the close relationship she has with both of her parents, especially her mother:
“I talk to my mom about six times a day, and we constantly e-mail in between that. People say that I'm her twin. I guess it would be the Kennedy genes; my cheekbones are coming out. We'll be at the breakfast table and my mom will look over at me and say, 'I see them!'"


"I've always been way closer to my mom," she added. “Even when I was little, I was glued to her all the time. I'm close to my dad, but they're totally different kinds of relationships.” As for her father, Katie continued on with a laugh and a slight imitation of Arnold’s infamous accent, saying, "My dad literally was reading this book and was like, 'I don't know any of this stuff. It explains a lot about why you were so moody sometimes, but I don't understand all this stuff about women.'"
More under the break.......



As for her parent's separation:
"When [the separation] started happening, it was like everything came of nowhere overnight," she said. "I would go out to lunch, and literally 20 people would come and scream at me. And I'm like, This is so inappropriate; you're trying to provoke me to have an attack and say something crazy." Despite her parents' marriage unraveling, she believes that "everything happens for a reason," and admitted that "a lot of the time, it's hard to understand in the moment why things are happening."
I can't imagine what her brothers and sister are going through right now. Talk about being blind-sided! 

Source
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment