Friday, January 6, 2012

Frank Ocean Talks His Highly Anticipated Album, Working With Bey, Jay & Kanye, And More!


Hear me and hear me CLEAR! Frank Ocean is one of the GREATS in the music industry. YES, he is definitely a newcomer, but this young man has IT!

Recently, the California and Louisiana native (Yea...BOTH) sat down with BBC News (where he claimed the runner-up spot on the BBC Sound of 2012 list of emerging stars) where he spoke about his new and HIGHLY anticipated album hitting stores this spring, working with Beyonce, Jay-Z and Kanye, his goals, and lots of other goodies!

On his new album:
“It succinctly defines me as an artist for where I am right now and that was the aim, just to make something that represents where you are at that time. It’s about the stories. If I write 14 stories that I love, then the next step is to get the environment of music around it to best envelop the story and all kinds of sonic goodness—sonic goodies.”
More excerpts and Frank's interview under the break.....


On working with Beyonce, Jay-Z, and Kanye:
“It’s pretty rad to hear BeyoncĂ© sing a song of yours or to hear Jigga, ‘Ye rhyme over and be on a song that you’re on. These are some of the heroes of my generation, so even being called out to be on those projects… It wasn’t like I was shopping a song for these projects. They called me to come to the studio and that’s pretty rad.”

What does he do on his free time?
“I could be doing monkey form by the beach, I could be doing indoor rock climbing, I could be reading Wikipedia pages on random information.”

On the future:
“I’ve been feeling really mortal lately. If I could do anything from today on, it would be doing whatever it is that I do at a level of excellence. That’s all I’m really trying to do while I’m here.”

Frank Ocean's voice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment