Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rihanna Speaks On Controversial Song With Eminem


Eminem's new hit song with Rihanna, Love The Way You Lie,  has received a lot of backlash from critics that feel the message of the song is really intense and promotes domestic violence. But many others (as myself) have taken a strong liking to the song. I mean, it's pretty much all you hear on the radio now and has stayed high on the singles chart.

Have you ever listed to the lyrics? Em raps: “I laid hands on her/I’ll never stoop so low again/I guess I don’t know my own strength” and Rihanna singing, “Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that’s alright because I like the way it hurts.”

Now, Rihanna is speaking about why she felt is was necessary for her to record the tune:
“I knew if he sent me a record there must be something to it,” Rihanna explained of how she was brought on board. “It couldn’t just be, ‘Oh, Duh! She was in that relationship so we have to get her.’ “The lyrics were so deep, so beautiful and intense. It’s something that I understood, something I connected with. It’s something that, you know, we’ve both experienced, you know, on different sides, different ends of the table. He pretty much just broke down the cycle of domestic violence and it’s something that people don’t have a lot of insight on.”
I really appreciate the song, and felt it was done in a way that makes people think. Remember, these two are artists and this is their for  of expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment