Monday, October 17, 2011

Rooney Mara Covers "VOGUE" Magazine!


GORGE!

"The Social Network" and "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" star Rooney Mara has scored the coveted VOGUE cover for their November 2011 issue.

In the feature, the 26 year old actress dives into her leading role starring opposite Daniel Craig, being a loner, choosing education before acting and much more!
Get into her spread + excerpts under the break....

  “My sister started acting professionally when she was twelve, but I wanted to go to college first.”
“I don’t have a trust fund. I grew up in a little cul-de-sac in the suburbs and went to public school. I went to Costco on the weekends. When my great-grandfathers founded those teams it cost, like, $500. My dad is one of eleven children. I am one of 40 grandchildren. What bothers me about the whole trust-fund thing is that it sort of presumes that everything is handed to you. And if there is one thing about my family that I do identify with, it is that everyone is extremely hardworking. Also, the people whom I grew up with all did things they really loved. And I think that’s an important lesson.”
  “That kind of fame is not something I ever wanted for myself. It just so happens that this huge, gigantic monster of a film came around that also happens to have the most incredible character that I ever could have dreamed up. But my fear with a movie ["The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"] like this is the kind of exposure you get from it. I think that can be death to an actor. The more people know about you, the less they can project who you are supposed to be. It’s unfortunate that you really only get one shot at that. After this, I won’t be able to be that girl again.”
  “Before, I dressed much girlier. A lot of blush-colored things. Now I literally roll out of bed and put on whatever is there. I have really enjoyed being a boy this last year.”
“I am very slow to warm. I’ve always been sort of a loner. I didn’t play team sports. I am better one-on-one than in big groups. I can understand wanting to be invisible and mistrusting people and wanting to understand everything before you engage with the world.”

Images:  Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot for Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment